Friday, March 5, 2010

Dirty Laundry. Oldie, but Goodie!


My blog nemesis, aka, Kramer, has been pestering me for months now to post another blog. I spent about an hour yesterday catching up on his long-winded and wordy golf tarradiddles and the like. I truly believe him to think these ramblings will lead to the "Coup de GrĂ¢ce" of his legal career. Therefore, in an effort to not subject my readers to similar torture, I will keep this brief:


So, I'm at home waiting for the Sears truck to arrive with the delivery of my new, state of the art, high-efficiency, advanced functionality LG Tromm wash machine. My Maytag Neptune finally succumbed after 11 years of spin cycles, pennies banging around inside the drum because I forgot to empty my pockets, and once crisp white panties that turned all shades of black due to my lack of attention to proper laundry sorting detail.


Needless to say, it's been a week since I've been able to wash clothes. The weaves of my rattan reed laundry basket are about to snap and I'm a little frightened of what odors will expel when I lift the lid. I also figured out that in 11 years, bearing in mind the cost of inflation, I've spent about $3,200 in laundry detergent. Seems a little Cheer doesn't come cheap. Then again, if I were to add up the amount of money I've spent in 11 years for stuff I really didn't need, well, I'm not going to be too analytical over $3,200.


My point to this is, I never thought I'd be this excited about a new appliance nor blogging about my dirty laundry all over the net.

P.S. Don't worry Kramer, I didn't spend more than 2 minutes on this. All your prebills are done!

1 comment:

  1. This explains the tousled (just got out of bed) look at work recently. The panties was TMI! I forgot to give you a hard time this week making me watch Dr. Phil to get a look at Loretta's assets and she was not on. Watching Dr. Phil (with Nancy Grace) was worse than a colonoscopy!

    ReplyDelete